Premier's NSW Export Awards
Premier's NSW Export Awards 2013
The Premier’s NSW Export Awards recognise and reward the top exporting talent in NSW. In 2013, the high standard of applications proved how strongly businesses are performing in the export arena. We would like to congratulate the winners (listed below), who demonstrated exceptional commitment to achieving export success in each of their respective categories. We would especially like to acknowledge and congratulate Animal Logic on receiving the Premier’s NSW Exporter of the Year Award for 2013.
Four of the NSW winners proceeded to win the national award for their category at the Australian Export Awards 2013. We would like to further congratulate Animal Logic (Winner of the Creative Industries Award), LeadBolt (Winner of the Information and Communication Technology Award), RØDE Microphones (Winner of the Manufacturing Award) and SWA Water Australia (Winner of the Small Business Award) for representing NSW nationally through their excellent performance in exports.
The ECA encourages all NSW businesses engaged in international business to apply for the 2014 Premier’s NSW Export Awards—applications open in May 2014. For further information on the Awards, please contact the Export Council of Australia on 1300 361 526 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
2013 Premier's NSW Export Awards Winners
NATIONAL AWARD CATEGORIES
- Agribusiness: Atron Enterprises
- Highly Commended: ICT International
- Infrastructure and Construction: Lend Lease
- Arts & Entertainment: Animal Logic
- Highly Commended: SLR Productions
- Education & Training Award: University of Wollongong
- Environmental Solutions: TTG Transportation Technology
- Information and Communication Technology Award: LeadBolt
- Manufacturing: RØDE Microphones
- Health & Biotechnology: Sirtex Medical
- Minerals and Energy: Hedweld Group of Companies
- Business Services: Creative Instore Solutions
- Highly Commended: OzForex
- Regional: Bega Cheese
- Small Business: SWA Water Australia
- Highly Commended: DocsCorp
- NSW EXPORTER OF THE YEAR: Animal Logic
NSW STATE CATEGORIES
- NSW Asian Exporter: Homart Pharmaceuticals
- NSW Export Scholarship: Theatre of Rhythm and Dance
- NSW Emerging Exporter: L&M Designs
- NSW Innovation in Export: Ansarada
- Western Sydney Exporter: Micropace
- Highly Commended: Romar Engineering
- Hunter/ Central Coast Exporter: QIQ Communications
- Illawarra Exporter: Rambor
BENEFITS OF WINNING AND EXPORT AWARD
As a winner of a Premier’s NSW Export Award your company will receive a number of benefits including:
- Premier of NSW Export Awards winner’s logo for use on your company’s marketing collateral
- Premier of NSW Export Awards winner trophy
- A framed winners certificate
- Media coverage in the Sydney Morning Herald NSW Export Awards feature
- Media coverage in the Export Conucil's magazine, Australia's Export Voice
- Profile as a NSW Export Awards winner on both the ECAwebsite and the NSW Trade & Investment website
- Profiling opportunities in the ECA collateral (website, case studies, newsletters...)
Winners of each of the NSW state categories will receive up to $1000 worth of consulting services and winners of each of the National categories will receive up to $2000 worth of consulting services from their experienced consultants. In total, Australian Business Consulting & Solutions will be contributing up to $36,000 worth of consulting services to help exporters like yourself develop your business and grow internationally.
In addition, the Export Council of Australia will offer winners of a category award a an export training review assessment for their business to identify areas where additional export knowledge or skills would be of assistance. The review will provide a report with recommendations and a contact list of support organisations for follow up.
To view the full details of the NSW Winners benefits package, please click here.
Companies who are successful in winning one of the twelve national award categories at the Premier’s NSW Export Awards will progress as a national finalist to the Australian Export Awards managed by Austrade. Finalists in the national awards program will receive the following benefits:
- An opportunity to vie for the Prime Minister's Australian Exporter of the Year;
- Austrade will prepare a comprehensive media/publicity campaign highlighting the success of all National Finalists;
- A framed Australian Export Awards National Finalist certificate;
- Profile as a National Finalist on the Australian Export Awards website (www.exportawards.gov.au);
- Profile as a National Finalist in the official publication of the Australian Export Awards, Australian Export, distributed in Australia and overseas;
- Networking with all finalists at the National Finalists Reception prior to the National Awards Ceremony;
- Opportunity to participate in the Masterclass conducted by a specialist facilitator;
- One complimentary ticket to the Australian Export Awards National Awards Ceremony at which the Prime Minister's Australian Exporter of the Year will be announced;
- Opportunity to network with other leading exporters, export facilitators and sponsors who support Australian exporters; and
- Entitlement to use the national Australian Export Awards logo for your corporate marketing materials.
KEY DATESApplications are closed for 2013.
About the Export Council of Australia
The Export Council of Australia is a membership organisation which supports the development of Australia’s resources through fostering participation in international trade. As the leading advocate of export the Export Council of Australia is the voice for Australia’s exporters to decision makers, the key provider for skills development and programs that recognise excellence in international trade.
This year marks the 51st Premier's NSW Export Awards program; making the NSW Export Awards Australia’s longest running business awards program. Over the last 50 years over 324 NSW companies have been recognised for their exporting achievements, many of whom started off in Emerging Exporter and Small Business award categories and are now major international brands.
The Premier's NSW Export Awards is an annual program which aims to recognise excellence in the export of goods and services by NSW business. The Awards acknowledge the important contribution of businesses to the economy through job creation and increased prosperity for the community and for the state.
Regardless of size or location there are multiple opportunities for companies to be recognised for their success. The awards honour and celebrate the nation’s top exporters, raising their profile and bringing valuable business and networking opportunities.
The Awards operate as a two-tier process: exporters first achieve state distinction through the NSW Export Awards program before progressing as national finalists to the Australian Export Awards were they are benchmarked against their peers across the country, with winners receiving national recognition for their international success.
The winners and finalists will be announced at a prestigious gala presentation dinner on Wednesday 16 October 2013 at the Sydney Exhibition and Events Centre, Darling Harbour. The Winners of the twelve national award categories at the Premier’s NSW Export Awards will automatically progress as national finalists to the 51st Australian Export Awards. This is the only way a NSW company can enter the national awards program. The one application is used for both awards programs. For more information please click here to visit the NSW application site.
The Premier’s NSW Export Awards have been run for over 50 years by the Export Council of Australia, previously called the Australian Institute of Export, in conjunction with the NSW State Government.
The Export Council of Australia has been established to:
- Lead Trade Policy Research
- Develop International Trade Skills
- Break down Barriers to Trade
- Build Global networks
- Amplifying Global Trade success
- Advocate for Australian exporters
Think Global Trade. Think ECA: www.export.org.au
Questions about the NSW Export Awards program?
The Premier’s NSW Export Awards program is managed by the Export Council of Australia, for further information please contact:
T- 02 8243 7400
T: 02 8243 7460