Membership of the export council of australiaThe Export Council of Australia (ECA) is the peak Industry body for the Australian export community. The Export Council of Australia is the next exciting step in the evolution of the Australian Institute of Export (AIEx) which, for over 50 years, has had the interests of Australian exporters at heart.
Owned by its members and steered by a Board and a Council of Industry specialists, the Export Council of Australia is a not-for-profit organisation that has the development of Australia’s resources via the promotion of Australian industry in international markets as its primary goal. The Export Council of Australia represents all exporters: large, medium and small.
The Export Council of Australia:
• Equips Australian business with the skills and capabilities required to effectively and efficiently conduct profitable international trade
• Makes representations to and on behalf of exporters to appropriate decision makers
• Undertakes research to identify and quantify the issues affecting the development of profitable international trade activity by Australian SME companies
• Interfaces with and provides support to sector specific associations and councils representing business engaged in international trade
• Delivers activities which provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge, and rewards excellence in export
Members of the Export Council of Australia can access a wide range of member benefits. Join the Export Council of Australia today and start accessing your member benefits:
DISCOUNTS- up to 20% discount on products including;
• Australian Export Handbook
• Australian Import Handbook
• International Trade Procedures
• Education and Professional Development courses
• Accredited courses- Graduate Diploma Graduate Certificate and Advanced Diploma in International Business
DISCOUNTS - membership discounts to Export Council of Australia events and activities
AUTOMATIC membership of the Future Leaders in Export Club - The Future Leaders in Export Club is a community for importers and exporters run by the Export Council of Australia. Meeting once a month, the exporters club, FLEX, is a friendly forum to discuss your issues, ideas and problems, whether you are exporting or importing.
ANNUAL subscription to the ECA Magazine - Australia’s leading business journal; the magazine incorporating Dynamic Export provides timely global trade news alongside timeless business advice for potential, new and established exporters. The magazine is direct mailed to all Export Council of Australia members.
FREE export advisory service - The Export Council of Australia is your support agency for any queries or assistance you require in matters relating to International Trade. The Export Council of Australia has specialists in the following areas:
• Banking & Finance for Export and Import
• INCOTERMS® 2010
• Freight and Logistics
• Market Access
• Channels to Market
• Export Market Development Grants
• Customs Export regulations
• International Freight Forwarding
• Export Shipping
• Free Trade Agreements
• Credit Insurance
• Export Procedures and Documentation
• Certificate of Origin
• Export Packaging
SUPPORT through the AIEx government and industry network - The Export Council of Australia works with a group of specialist partners who can assist you with issues pertaining to:
• Banking and Finance
• Foreign Exchange
• International Distribution Agreements
• International Partnership Agreements
• International Sales Contracts
• Consumer Law and your overseas obligations
• International Trade Law
• Intellectual Property
• International Tax
• International Standards
• Accessing the US market
• Social Media and Search Engine Optimisation for overseas markets
• International Freight Forwarding
• Understanding Market Culture
• Country risk and economic research
• Credit Insurance
• Setting up an Office Overseas
• International Sanctions, Bribery & Corruption Legislation
YOUR Interests- we represent your interests to federal and state government. The Export Council of Australia makes representations to and on behalf of exporters to appropriate decision makers on:
• Policies and regulatory measures impacting the international competitiveness of Australian industry
• The role of export promotion activities and programs which promote business development, encourage a greater outward orientation in industry and support the marketing of Australian products and services in international markets
• The Government’s broader trade policy agenda including multilateral, regional and bilateral trade negotiations.
RESEARCH - The Export Council of Australia undertakes research to identify and quantify the issues affecting the development of profitable international trade activity by Australian exporters.
INVOLVEMENT in the Export Council of Australia - Get involved in the Export Council of Australia by joining one of the Trade Actions Groups and/ or the State Advisory Council and National Council.
ENTITLEMENT to use -
• Post nominal MAIEx & AAIEx for Members and Associates
• The Export Council of Australia member’s logo for Business Members, Corporate Partners, Affiliated Members
ACCESS - To Export Council of Australia members specials and our corporate partner specials as well as invitation to member's only events and seminars.
OPPORTUNITY to promote your company-
* Business Members (export companies only) and Corporate PartnersThe Export Council has a wide range of marketing channels available through our wide range of marketing channels:
• Export Directory - Promote your company on the Export Directory
• Australian Export Forum - an external blog site to include articles, podcasts and videos.
• Multimedia Channel - the Export Council of Australia’s multimedia channel is a resource of webinars, videos and podcasts. Members are invited to contribute material and put forward suggestions for potential avenues in which we can collaborate on joint messaging through the channel.
• Twitter - an additional resource the Export Council of Australia uses to promote events and news articles.
• Ex-files - inclusion of members press releases, news articles and special offers and announcements in the monthly newsletter.
• AIEx news webpage and events page - inclusion of members news articles and press releases on the AIEx news page as well as the opportunity to promote your events and activities through the partner events page on the website.
It’s your COUNCIL Membership and voting rights
JOINING THE EXPORT COUNCIL OF AUSTRALIA (ECA)Membership of the Export Council of Australia is in the following categories:
• Council Members: Representatives of associations, companies and individuals who have made a significant contribution to International Trade. Membership of the Council will be by invitation from the Board
• Association Partners: Associations whose focus is the representation and development of International trade. Association Partners will play an important strategic role in ECA both in policy formulation and advocacy
• Corporate Partners: Companies, Government Bodies, Universities engaged in international trade or responsible for the promotion and development of International Trade
• Sponsors: Industry Service Providers who sponsor an activity, event or research undertaken by the Council
• Business: Companies engaged in international trade. There are two categories to cater for organisation size
• Individual: Individuals engaged in International Trade. There are four categories: Members, Associates, Students and Retired members.
The Export Council of Australia also represents importers and import companies are eligible to apply. Members with postnominals status of the Australian Institute of Export will continue to be able to use postnominals (AAIEx & MAIEx)
New members will need to apply to the Export Council of Australia for postnominal status. Council and Association membership will be by invitation only. Corporate Partnership and sponsorship will be by negotiation.