The Export Council of Australia (ECA)The Export Council of Australia (ECA) is the peak industry body for the Australian export community. The next exciting step in the evolution of the Australian Institute of Export (AIEx), the Export Council of Australia (represents the interests of Australian exporters at all levels. Whether it is advancing the export cause in the halls of Government, or providing education and events of the highest calibre, the Export Council of Australia is the voice for Australia’s exporters.
Through engagement with members and consultation with its Advisory Councils, the Export Council of Australia will endeavour to:
• Lead trade policy research
• Develop international trade skills
• Break down barriers to trade
• Build global networks
• Assist Australian companies to amplify global trade success
• from 21 December 2001, when we became subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) ("the Act"). The Act sets out standards that most private sector organisations must meet in collecting, using, disclosing and handling personal information.
• to any personal information (as defined in the Act) that you provide to us and any personal information we collect about individuals from other sources. It does not apply to our employee records, which are not subject to the Act.
Security of information transmitted via our website
Security of your personal information
We endeavour to protect any personal information we hold from misuse and loss and to protect it from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We impose confidentiality obligations on third parties that handle personal information.
Accuracy and access
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever we collect or use it.
We will, on request, provide you with access to personal information we hold about you (including so that you can request correction of that information) subject to exceptions permitted by law. For example, we will not provide access to personal information if we have a duty of confidentiality in relation to that information.
If we do not provide you with access to personal information or refuse to make any changes to the information that you request, we will inform you of our reasons for doing so and of any exceptions we have relied upon. We will also, on request, record the fact that you have made a request for access to personal information and the reasons for our refusal to provide access to it.
Your request for us to provide access to and/or correct personal information will be dealt with within a reasonable time and we may recover from you the reasonable cost of retrieving and supplying the information to you.
Opting out of receiving marketing information
If we send you information about products or services that you do not wish to receive, you can inform us that you wish to opt out by contacting us.