National Advisory Committee
The Export Council of Australia's National Advisory committee is made up of ECA members who are highly experienced practitioners in international trade. Membership of the committee is by invitation from the Export Council of Australia. Written nominations must be directed to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The committee has four primary tasks:
- To be ambassadors for international trade and the Export Council of Australia
- To represent the Export Council of Australia to business and government both in Australia and in overseas markets
- To provide input to the Export Council of Australia on key international trade issues, submissions on policy and at local and international
forums engaged in debate on international trade
- Attend where practical Export Council of Australia events and activities as special guests of the Export Council of Australia.
National Advisory Committee members have no fiduciary responsibilities, however they will be required to participate in assisting the Export Council
of Australia to contribute to the development of Australia’s resources through encouraging Australian business to engage in international trade,
effective representation to government on market access and facilitation issues, the delivery of practical professional development programs
and forums that foster the exchange of ideas and knowledge and reward excellence.
If you or a representative from your organisation would like to join the committee, you will need to make a submission to the Board of Directors. For further information on the process of joining the council or to discuss the council further please contact the Export Council of Australia on 02 8243 7400.
National Advisory Committee Members
- Peter O'Byrne, Macquarie University – Chair of the National Advisory Council
- Amanda Hicks, Colouratura
- Brian Newton, Woolworths
- Jennie Lang AM, UNSW
- Jim Harrowell AM, Hunt & Hunt
- John Fargher, Steriline Racing
- Lyall Howard, Australia Post
- Mark Muller, Cook Medical
- Matthew Gellin, Sanitarium
- Michelle Moore, OBE Organics
- Paul Henry, Populous
Become A Member
Co-Founder & Commercial Director,
Pharmako Biotechnologies Pty Ltd
Member of the ECA
"Pharmako Biotechnologies were already exporting when we joined the ECA. We joined to assist our export strategies, and unashamedly to promote ourselves
through the Australian Export Awards. As a small business, third party recognition and industry membership assist when dealing with large
Seabridge Global Logistics supports the complete movement of trade through air freight, sea freight, customs brokerage, and logistics solutions. Working with a global network of trusted freight partners, Seabridge delivers tailored solutions that meet clients’ unique commercial needs. Backed by years of experience, Seabridge has become an industry leader in international freight.