Values and Mission Statement
To be the leading advocate for developing the international trade performance of Australian business.
To contribute to the development of Australia’s resources through encouraging Australian business to engage in international trade, effective representation to government on market access and facilitation issues, the delivery of practical professional development programs and forums that foster the exchange of ideas and knowledge and reward excellence.
Our values represent the qualities, behaviours and the expectations of our members. We believe in:
- Professional development and growth
- A bipartisan approach to governments at all levels
- Open and direct communication
- Challenging our peers and ourselves to achieve excellence
- Sharing experience and insight
- Showing leadership in words and actions
- Following strict coherence to governance in all aspects of business
- Equal opportunity in gender, race and religious belief
Our Key Priorities
- To play a leading role in the development of Australia’s resources via the promotion of Australian industry, including SME participation, in international markets.
- Equip Australian business, via the Australian Institute of Export, with the skills and capabilities required to effectively and efficiently conduct profitable international trade.
- Make representations to and on behalf of exporters to appropriate decision makers on:
- Policies and regulatory measures impacting the international competitiveness of Australian industry
- The role of export promotion activities and programs which promote business development, encourage a greater outward orientation in industry and support marketing of Australian products and services in international markets
- The Government's broader trade policy agenda including multilateral, regional and bilateral trade negotiations.
- Undertake research to identify and quantify the issues affecting the development of profitable international trade activity by Australian SME companies.
- Interface with and provide support to sector specific associations and councils representing business engaged in international trade.
- Deliver activities which:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge
- Reward excellence in export.
Leandra Coffey, Director, Fruity Sacks
Member of the ECA
“Our business is about making it easy for people to make environmentally friendly choices. We are looking to expand into new overseas markets and the ECA have been a huge help in this endeavour. The ECA have given us introductions to key businesses that can help us in the markets we are looking at, and their workshops and seminars on topics relevant to exporting were extremely useful. All up, our association with the ECA has been a great asset to Fruity Sacks.”Become a Member
2M Language Services is Australia's leading language service provider and assist exporters in their international operations with translation, video localisation (subtitling & voice-overs) & interpreting into 250+ languages. 2M's approach to language services combines a team of subject matter expert linguists with the use of state-of-the-art language technology to ensure quality, smart workflows and cost-effectiveness. With services tailored to specific industries and a highly secure encrypted translation environment, you can rest assured that your company's content is in good hands. For more information visit https://www.2m.com.au