Values and Mission Statement
To be the leading advocate for developing the international trade performance of Australian business.
To contribute to the development of Australia’s resources through encouraging Australian business to engage in international trade, effective representation to government on market access and facilitation issues, the delivery of practical professional development programs and forums that foster the exchange of ideas and knowledge and reward excellence.
Our values represent the qualities, behaviours and the expectations of our members. We believe in:
- Professional development and growth
- A bipartisan approach to governments at all levels
- Open and direct communication
- Challenging our peers and ourselves to achieve excellence
- Sharing experience and insight
- Showing leadership in words and actions
- Following strict coherence to governance in all aspects of business
- Equal opportunity in gender, race and religious belief
Our Key Priorities
- To play a leading role in the development of Australia’s resources via the promotion of Australian industry, including SME participation, in international markets.
- Equip Australian business, via the Australian Institute of Export, with the skills and capabilities required to effectively and efficiently conduct profitable international trade.
- Make representations to and on behalf of exporters to appropriate decision makers on:
- Policies and regulatory measures impacting the international competitiveness of Australian industry
- The role of export promotion activities and programs which promote business development, encourage a greater outward orientation in industry and support marketing of Australian products and services in international markets
- The Government's broader trade policy agenda including multilateral, regional and bilateral trade negotiations.
- Undertake research to identify and quantify the issues affecting the development of profitable international trade activity by Australian SME companies.
- Interface with and provide support to sector specific associations and councils representing business engaged in international trade.
- Deliver activities which:
- Provide a forum for the exchange of ideas and knowledge
- Reward excellence in export.
Dee-Ann Prather, Down Under Enterprises International
NSW Women in Global Business Award winner
Member of the ECA
“90% of our business is export based and we are expanding rapidly throughout Asia. As we move into new countries and regions it is important to understand the country, culture and business norms and ECA has helped us do this through their programs. ECA has also helped us improve our shipping and documentation efficiency, especially with the new GHS requirements. Overall, ECA is a wealth of information and knowledge and have always been very helpful when we have specific issues or questions.”Become a Member
Nuix is the 2015 Premier's NSW Exporter of the Year. As a technology company that protects, informs and empowers society. Nuix has more than 1,500 customers in over 60 countries, including all major global regulatory agencies, leading security and law enforcement agencies, all tier one advisory and litigation support vendors, and many of the world's leading financial institutions, corporations and government departments.