What We Do
Developing international business skills
- Access to ECA seminars: Learn more about important trade topics that affect your business through ECA’s informational seminars,
including our “Doing Business” event series
- Face-to-face workshops: Take advantage of our new range of educational programs with topics that target new, established,
and advanced companies engaged in international business
- International trade publications: A library of publications that provide you with essential international business tools
- Online courses: We make it easy for you to update your skills, with a range of courses available online
- In-house tailored training: Work with Australian companies to specifically tailor and develop professional training and comprehensive
texts on the process of establishing and growing an international business
- Advanced Diploma of International Business Management: Designed for people seeking or pursuing an exciting career specifically
in international business.
Building Australian business capacity
- Business consulting sessions: Receive practical, real-life business advice from industry experts.
- Peer-to-peer mentoring: Learn one-on-one from a seasoned international business person
- Industry expert advice line: ECA members can call for support on navigating international markets
- Business Tools: A range of business reports and apps to help you navigate doing business in new markets
- Access to ECA referral service: Looking for service providers that you can trust? Our members can contact the ECA for access
to a network of reputable service professionals.
Conducting international market research
- Market research: A range of business reports is available to help you navigate doing business in new markets.
- Be up-to-date: Be plugged into what’s happening in Australia & around the world
- International Business Today: Explore international markets, learn from experts and more through the ECA’s magazine
- Global Trade Voice: Keep up to date with international trade news, from the ECA, Government, our partners and sponsors.
Helping to break down barriers to trade
- Engagement: The ECA is keen to engage with our members on trade policy related issues
Building global networks
- Access to podcasts and webinars: Keep up to date with relevant podcasts and webinars and access the library 24/7
- International network: The ECA works with like-minded international industry associations and chambers
Informing Australian trade policy
- The ECA plays an active role in advocating on behalf of Australian companies. We are represented on the following Boards, Consultative Committees
and Forums working together with all Governments and Industry to form influential advocacy alliances that ensure our members are at the
forefront of all trade issues - through our responsive operational support, skills development training, industry updates, commercial services
and corporate events:
- Services Export Working Group – Services Competition Section - Dept of Foreign Affairs- Peak Industry Body Consultations – CHCH Group - Dept of Foreign Affairs- Joint National Committee on Trade Facilitation (NCTF) Australian Border Force- Trade Facilitation Initiatives Working Group (TWIWG) Australian Border Force- Dept of Ag Cargo Consultative Committee (DCCC) – Dept of Agriculture, Water and the Environment- Non-Tariff Barriers Information Group (NTB) – Dept of Foreign Affairs- Customs Advisory Board – Australian Border Force (Dianne Tipping ABF Commissioner appointee)- Compliance Advisory Group (CAG) – Australian Border Force- Air Cargo Security Industry Advisory Forum - (ACSIAF) Aviation Security Branch - Department of Home Affairs- Legislative Matters sub-committee – (NCTF) – Australian Border Force- Regulatory Reform sub-committee – (NCTF) – Australian Border Force- Office of Transport Security (OTS) International Working Group - Dept Home Affairs- Office of Transport Security (OTS) Domestic Working Group – Dept of Home Affairs- Biosecurity Imports Levy Industry Steering Group - Dept of Agriculture, Water and the Environment- Australian Trusted Trader Industry Advisory Group (IAG) - Australian Border Force
- Trade Information Service - Industry Reference Group (TIS) - Austrade
Become A Member
VEKTA Advanced Automation
Member of the ECA
"In 2014 Vekta Automation became involved in the Export Awards and started to get a better understanding about the role of the Export Council of Australia. After attending a seminar in Perth in February 2019 the decision was instantly made and we signed up the next day. A decision we should have made 5 years earlier. For Vekta, the information, expertise and networking opportunities that the ECA provides has been valuable. It is reassuring knowing that there are experienced and knowledgeable people we can turn to when advice is needed."
Established in 1970, Mavlab Animal Health Pty Ltd is a Queensland based, family-owned, GMP licenced manufacturer of veterinary pharmaceuticals and pet care products. Mavlab has an extensive range of prescription and over the counter products sold in a growing number of global markets. Contract manufacturing opportunities are also available.