Applications for the NSW, QLD and WA Export Awards program are strongly encouraged from firms and organisations that meet the following criteria:
- Produce goods or services that have Australian content*
- Earn foreign exchange;
- If part of a larger organisation, operate as a separate business;
- Organisations must apply in the State/Territory where their head office/most operations are established and may only apply in one State/Territory Export Awards program;
- Organisations can enter in more than one category, but only win in one category;
- Organisations with three years or less of export sales are eligible to enter the Emerging Exporter Award;
- Applicants for this Award may also be considered for their industry category award;
- Organisations with a non-metropolitan head office may also enter the Regional Exporter Award; Winners from previous years are eligible to apply; (with the exception of any inductees to the national Australian Export Awards Hall of Fame)
- Government agencies are not eligible. However, businesses that receive funding from the Government are eligible to apply;
- A sponsor of the State, Territory and Australian Export Awards cannot lodge an application for any Export Award categories, unless written permission has been granted by the Export Awards secretariat in the respective state/territory;
- Applications containing inadequate financial details will not be accepted;
- Entry is through the State and Territory Export Awards programs, there will be no separate applications for the national Australian Export Awards.
- Winners of the State and Territory Export Awards programs automatically progress to become Finalists in the national Australian Export Awards.
*Australian content may include direct or indirect manufacture of goods, the intellectual property, design or engineering component of services
For further information on the Awards, please contact the Export Council of Australia on 1300 361 526 or by e-mail email@example.com
Leandra Coffey, Director, Fruity Sacks
Member of the ECA
“Our business is about making it easy for people to make environmentally friendly choices. We are looking to expand into new overseas markets and the ECA have been a huge help in this endeavour. The ECA have given us introductions to key businesses that can help us in the markets we are looking at, and their workshops and seminars on topics relevant to exporting were extremely useful. All up, our association with the ECA has been a great asset to Fruity Sacks.”Become a Member
Homart Group has been established for 27 years, and specialises in manufacturing and marketing high quality Australian health supplements. Their products include two major segments of health supplements; skin care and dairy products. Their biggest export challenge is the regulations each country has for the import permits. It normally takes long time to get the registration approval before they can sell the goods into that country.