Getting ready to go Global
The decision to extend sales overseas is a logical and natural progression for many. The ECA’s International Business 101 toolkit provides you with a series of case studies to highlight not only the benefits of going global, but also some of the tricks of the trade these companies learned when they started on their overseas journey.
The motivation to grow your business internationally can be triggered by an unsolicited request from an overseas company for a particular product/service, or the motivation could be the result of a considered decision by the company to develop additional sales growth opportunities and profits through entering an international market.
Irrespective of whether the motivation is based on the “pull” of an enquiry or the “push” of an initiative to develop international sales, the first step should be to realistically review the resources available to develop and support international activity.
- Management commitment and resources
- International experience and/or the ability to tap into international management experience
- Financial resources to support new international expenses and a longer payback period
- Resources to research international market prospects and to develop an international business plan
- International product/services costings
- New payment arrangements and currency decisions
- Probable product and label modifications
- Production options to produce for an international market
- New logistical arrangements to transport to an international market
- Export insurance and credit insurance checks
- Intellectual property protection
- Communication facilities such as internet, email, teleconferencing
- Market entry options and office set-up requirements in a new country
- A budget for international marketing and promotional costs, etc.
Whilst this might seem like rather a formidable list, be assured that even by visiting the ECA’s website you have taken the first step in understanding what is required for you and your business to embark on the exciting journey of going global!
There is plenty of assistance out there to help you navigate your way through the process.
BUY THE EXPORT HANDBOOK
JOIN THE ECA TODAY!
The team at the ECA is passionate about assisting companies to become global ready and our aim is to provide you with the resources and tools required to be successful in this field. Whether you’re new to international business, need to refresh your knowledge or up skill your team, we look forward to working with you.
Become A Member
Group Managing Director, doq®
Member of the ECA
"Our mission is to connect Australia and Japan – by using our local knowledge to service clients in the Asia Pacific region that we can grow with. This
allows us to develop cross-cultural marketing solutions that are mutually beneficial, both for our Australian and international partners. Being a part
of the ECA has been an important asset to our growth; setting a high bar to reach for, providing a valuable network, introducing us to new leads and
informing us of changing trends. We look forward to continuing to be the specialists in anything Japan-related and are proud to be associated with
2M Language Services is Australia's leading language service provider and assist exporters in their international operations with translation, video localisation (subtitling & voice-overs) & interpreting into 250+ languages. 2M's approach to language services combines a team of subject matter expert linguists with the use of state-of-the-art language technology to ensure quality, smart workflows and cost-effectiveness. With services tailored to specific industries and a highly secure encrypted translation environment, you can rest assured that your company's content is in good hands. For more information visit https://www.2m.com.au