Managing International Business Risks
Risk Management is a key part to any international business expansion plans.
Knowing what to do when don’t go to plan is vital, and up-front awareness should also lead to better ways of managing the processes so that the
likelihood of problems is reduced.
- Country risk: a PEST analysis. Review of the Political, Economic, Social and Technological macro-environmental factors. This is a key component to your external analysis when conducting a strategic analysis or doing market research.
- Commercial risk: the risk of not being paid by your buyers. You need to ensure that you are getting your product to buyers
and ensuring payment.
- Payment risk: payment methods, how to protect your FX risk.
- Market risk: contingencies for changes in market conditions and product demand
If your business is new to international trade, it is important to assess and plan for the different risks you will face.
The below guide outlines the key risks you should consider:
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Products Liability Insurance
- Trade Credit Insurance
- Political Risks Insurance
- Corporate Travel Insurance
- Insurance Premium Funding
- Credit Insurance for export receivables
Become A Member
Group Managing Director, doq®
Member of the ECA
"Our mission is to connect Australia and Japan – by using our local knowledge to service clients in the Asia Pacific region that we can grow with. This
allows us to develop cross-cultural marketing solutions that are mutually beneficial, both for our Australian and international partners. Being a part
of the ECA has been an important asset to our growth; setting a high bar to reach for, providing a valuable network, introducing us to new leads and
informing us of changing trends. We look forward to continuing to be the specialists in anything Japan-related and are proud to be associated with
Thomas Global Systems designs, produces and supports innovative electronic systems solutions for aerospace and defence applications. Since 1956, they have built a global, industry-leading reputation for practical innovation and dependability. Working together as a Partner of Choice, they deliver expertise in mission systems, flight deck avionics, training & simulation and display technology supported by dedicated service and support teams operating around the world.