CEO Update International Business Today Winter 2017
It’s a new financial year and it’s time for Australian exporters to seize the day and take advantage of a whole range of opportunities that are sitting right on our doorstep. What a start to the year we have had. Working in international trade makes it impossible to shut off from the daily updates and developments in the Northern hemisphere. At the ECA, it is our job to monitor trade policy messaging and announcements in markets like the United States and the United Kingdom on behalf of our members, and the team here has certainly been kept on their toes.
The international environment has changed from that of even one year ago, but instead of chaos we believe this can create opportunity.
The trade development challenge for the ECA is to provide the support businesses need to take advantage of these opportunities abroad. We hope that the work we have been doing on launching the following programs and tools can assist you to grab the opportunities:
- Be Trade Ready: ‘Be Trade Ready’ is a new digital tool from ANZ and the ECA, designed to assist Australian businesses assess and plan for their international
expansion. Find out more at: betradeready.anz.com
- International Business Coaching: This is a one-on-one matching service that aligns the specific needs of an individual company with the services of
a subject expert. The ECA has an arsenal of experts in a variety of areas related to international business, including ECA staff members and Directors,
industry professionals, and academics.
- Online Going Global: Are you an Australian business looking to export your product overseas? Our Growing a Global Business course will equip you with
the necessary skills to take your business to the next level.
- Doing Business in China: A new series of workshops aimed at helping Australian MSMEs take on the China market with confidence, giving them the best chance of success.
Over the next couple of months make sure to look out for announcements on:
- Argentina’s Renewal: A new report on the opportunities opening up for Australian companies in the second- largest economy in South America
- ASEAN FTA Toolkits: Four practical toolkits to assist Australian businesses with navigating Australia’s free trade agreements with Southeast Asia
- New Trade Policy & Compliance Toolkit: a new toolkit to assist you to navigate the ever changing trade policy landscape.
New Financial Year: New Membership Benefits
- the capabilities and skills your business needs for international success;
- how to help solve your international business problems;
- what you need from government and how to get it;
- where you can find specialist advice.
New membership business benefits include:
- 20% discount* on the ECA’s one-on-one international business coaching program
- 20% discount* on tickets to the NSW, QLD and WA State Export Awards Gala dinners, the best international business networking events of the year
- 20% discount* for your staff on all face-to-face ECA public courses to accelerate your global growth
- Free advice on your international trade challenges
- Gaining a strong advocate to represent your interests with federal and state governments
- Three complimentary sessions per year with the ECA’s international business mentors
- Unrestricted access to ECA research insights on topics that will help you succeed internationally