IP Australia: Are you considering approaching a global market with your business?
Expanding into a global market can seem daunting at first but it can provide your business with the opportunity to grow.
Before entering a global market, consider how protecting your intellectual property (IP) forms the basis of establishing your market position. It is also
important to ensure you are not infringing the rights of others in your countries of choice.
How do I decide if a global market is right for my business?
- financial position
- target markets
- local regulatory requirements
- manufacturing capabilities
- distribution channels and partnerships outside Australia
How do I decide what kind of IP protection I need overseas?
Consider whether you need:
- Patent protection overseas
- Trade mark protection overseas
- Design protection overseas
Where can I find out more?
If you need help specific to your business or situation, it is recommended that you seek advice from an IP professional.