Market updates and opportunities for Malaysia
The NSW Government with the Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) invite you to participate in a webinar briefing on market updates and business
and investment opportunities in Malaysia on Wednesday, 23 September 2020 from 4.00pm to 5.00pm (AEST).
Malaysia is Australia’s second largest source of foreign investment from ASEAN. Malaysia is an advanced middle-income nation with the fastest urbanisation growth rate in ASEAN. The country is expected to reach high-income status by 2024. Malaysia’s growth presents numerous commercial opportunities, particularly in sectors such as food and agribusiness, digital economy (e-commerce and fintech), health care, smart cities, energy and defence.
- Opening Speech from NSW Trade and Investment.
- Malaysian Economic Updates by Dr. Anthony Dass, Group Chief Economist, AmBank Research.
- Business and Investment Opportunities, in Malaysia by Ms. Fatmah Ahmad, Director, Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) Australia.
- Insights on Doing Business in Malaysia by Mr. Grahame Aston, Managing Director, PPC Moulding Services Pty. Ltd.
- Comments from Ms. Dianne Tipping, Chair of Board of Directors, Export Council of Australia.
- A moderated online Q&A session.