The Economist Events' Innovation as Competition: Australia’s Asian Future Summit 2017
Addressing the theme of Innovation as Competition, Australia’s Asian Future Summit 2017, the Economist Events will bring together policymakers, leaders in regional and Australian business, academics and pioneering entrepreneurs to debate the role Australia can play in boosting Asia’s capacity for innovation. How can Australia compete with Asian countries that significantly outspend it in research and development (R&D)?
How can the country export its capabilities in biotech, fintech and agribusiness, along with the strengths of its sophisticated health-care system, to a varied region that in some places has already leapfrogged it? And what can Australia learn from pioneering Asian entrepreneurs about how to capture value from some of the largest markets in the world?
- Australian innovation in a drawbridge-up world
- Technology and the transformation of Australia’s economy
- Australia v Asia: Finance disrupted
- Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
- “Austech” and the driving force of new industries such as biotech, health tech and e-tech
- Collaboration between the private sector and academia to commercialise new technologies
Australian R&D: Why can't you show me the money?
Not a member? Join now, and start saving! Additionally, as an end of financial year offer, new ECA business members receive 1 FREE hour of business coaching. Contact Kristen should you want to learn more about joining us as a business member or click on the link below.
BECOME A MEMBER