Winners announced at 2018 Premier's NSW Export Awards
Nineteen New South Wales businesses have been recognised and celebrated for their outstanding success and contribution to the state’s trade output at the Premier’s New South Wales Export Awards which were held at the Star last night (Wednesday 24 October 2018).
Showpo received the top prize of the evening – the Premier’s New South Wales Exporter of the Year Award – as well as the e-Commerce award.
“Showpo is a great Aussie success story thanks to Jane Lu who started her international business out of her parents’ garage but now has 80 staff, exports to over 80 countries, and has doubled international sales over the last year,” Mr Blair said.
“We’ve got export champions that have been awarded right across our economy – from our agribusiness, manufacturing, mining and defence sectors to health, digital technologies, education, creative industries and more.
“They come from all walks of life and locations ranging from Sydney and Wollongong through to our regions of Riverina and North Coast with winners from Griffith and Byron Bay.
“What they all have in common is burning ambition to succeed backed by great ideas and a commitment to great businesses that support jobs and our economy.”
NSW exports to the world were valued at $82 billion in 2017 including $46 billion in goods exports and another $36 billion in services exports.
- Regional Exporter winner: Spell & The Gypsy Collective (Byron
Bay) – fashion and accessories label.
- Agribusiness winner: Down Under Enterprises (Darlinghurst) - promotes
Tea Tree Oil and native Australian ingredients to Personal, Home, Medicinal and Pet Care manufacturers.
- Business Services winner: Cover Genius (Sydney) – manages the insurance
policy creation, dynamic pricing optimisation, customer intelligence, translations, and claims across global markets.
- Health and Biotechnology winner: Nanosonics (Lane Cove) - improves the
safety of patients, clinics, their staff, and the environment by transforming the way infection prevention practises are understood and conducted.
- Creative Industries winner: Animal Logic (Moore Park) – the production
and delivery of design, animation, and VFX services for feature films (most recently Peter Rabbit and The Leggo Ninjago Movie)
- Digital Technologies winner: Freelancer.com (Sydney) – the world's largest
freelancing, crowdsourcing and local services marketplace
- Environmental Solutions winner: Calix (Pymble) – Australian technology company
that is developing new processes and materials to solve global challenges.
Environmental Solutions Highly Commended: Ensitech (Emu Plains)
- E-Commerce winner: Showpo (Sydney) – Australian online fashion retailer
- Education and Training winner: UOW Global Enterprises (Wollongong)
– global provider of higher education
Education and Training Highly Commended: GRC Solutions (Sydney)
- Emerging winner: RxMx Australia (Sydney) – medical solutions that enhance the
safe use of medicines, optimising patient safety and delivering real-world efficiency in busy clinical settings.
- Manufacturing winner: Flavourtech (Griffith) – designs, manufactures, services,
and supports specialised food processing capital equipment for the food, beverage, dairy, flavour, and pharmaceutical industries.
- Minerals and Energy winner: Viper WRL (Prospect) – a speciality lubrication
solutions provider servicing the heavy industrial, mining, marine, petrochemical and manufacturing markets.
- Small Business winner: SalDoce Fine Foods (Sydney) – develops and manufactures
allergen sensitive, vegan and health foods
- Premier’s New South Wales Exporter of the Year winner: Showpo
New South Wales categories
- NSW Asian Exporter winner: Corlette (Surry Hills) – highly strategic,
design-led organisation specialising in luxury branding, wayfinding and signage.
- NSW Innovation in Export winner: Soprano Design (North Sydney) award-winning
global software design firm.
- NSW International Development winner: Cochlear Ltd (Macquarie Park)
- one of the leading Australian medical device manufacturers.
- NSW Women in International Business winner: Hana-Lia Krawchuk, Love To Dream™ (Waterloo) - baby wear wholesaler and exporter.
- Western Sydney Exporter winner: ETP Ion Detect (Clyde) – leading manufacturer
of product solutions for mass spectrometry.
- NSW Defence Industries winner: Quickstep Holdings Limited (Bankstown)
- providing advanced composite manufacturing solutions to the global aerospace, defence, automotive and other advanced sectors. subsystems