Trade Compliance The ECA has launched the ‘Trade Compliance’ page as a tool for businesses to access the latest updates from the World Trade Organisation, Department
of Immigration and Border Protection, Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and other agencies. The ECA hopes to help businesses navigate
regulatory developments and promote compliance across the supply chain.
The ECA will update exporters on legislative changes affecting product requirements and standards, changes to biosecurity standards, anti-dumping and countervailing measures, customs, export controls and sanctions.
Updates from the Department of Immigration and Border Protection:
- June 2017 edition of the goods compliance update—see here
- Customs Duty Rate Changes for 1 April 2017: Japan-Australia Economic Partnership Agreement—see here
- Guidance on Refund Provisions under Australia’s various Free Trade Agreements—see here
- Important reminder about supply chain legislative requirements—see here
- Important reminder about export reporting obligations—see here
Updates from the Department of Infrastructure and Regional Development:
- Regulated Air Cargo Agent Scheme as at 12 July—see here
- Identity security amendments for ASIC and MSIC schemes—see here
Dee-Ann Prather, Down Under Enterprises International
NSW Women in Global Business Award winner
Member of the ECA
“90% of our business is export based and we are expanding rapidly throughout Asia. As we move into new countries and regions it is important to understand the country, culture and business norms and ECA has helped us do this through their programs. ECA has also helped us improve our shipping and documentation efficiency, especially with the new GHS requirements. Overall, ECA is a wealth of information and knowledge and have always been very helpful when we have specific issues or questions.”Become a Member
Nuix is the 2015 Premier's NSW Exporter of the Year. As a technology company that protects, informs and empowers society. Nuix has more than 1,500 customers in over 60 countries, including all major global regulatory agencies, leading security and law enforcement agencies, all tier one advisory and litigation support vendors, and many of the world's leading financial institutions, corporations and government departments.